How to Host a House Party
Thank you so much for joining this fight. Elizabeth is proud to count you among her best supporters. Grassroots teams — made up of people like you — are the backbone of this campaign and at the heart of why Elizabeth is running for president.
In the weeks and months ahead, support ers will build this movement; they’ll become leaders for Warren for President in cities and towns all across the country. Win with Warren parties are a great opportunity to gather friends, family, fellow Elizabeth supporters, and even people on the fence to learn more about Elizabeth and get involved.
Hosting an organizing house party or community event - a Win With Warren event - is easy, and this toolkit makes it even easier! First, submit the host agreement form, join our Event Hosts Community Group, and register your event on our website.
Invite people to your party
Attending your party will be the first step for many of your guests toward becoming volunteers with the campaign. By starting small and making an easy and fun first step (attending a party), the next ask (volunteering their time) won’t seem hard at all! All you need to do is think about people you know you can count on to attend – and then make sure everyone who RSVPs actually shows up. This is the moment to put on your organizer hat.
- Make a list of who you want to invite to your party. Think about your friends, family, and fellow Elizabeth supporters you know to create your list.
- Remind your friends to come. We recommend talking to your list of friends and family three different ways (that’s what it takes for someone to really commit to something):
- Tips for promoting your event to the public. If your event is Public and you’d like to do even more to bring supporters to your event, here are some tips:
- Post in your regional All in for Warren Community Group.
- Reach out to your local Democratic Party chapter to invite them and see if they’ll help promote your event.
- Contact local organizations and ask for their help. Local chapters of progressive organizations may be willing to send an email to their members about your party.
- Let your local community know:
- Submit your event as an item to the local newspaper community calendar.
- Post it in your community’s local forums, or any relevant local Facebook groups.
- Invite your local Democratic elected officials.
Planning your party
Use this checklist to track your progress.
- Determine the location of your event
- Register your event on our website
- Invite people over email, social media, and more!
- Send confirmations to your RSVPs
During the Party
- Make sure everyone signs in by texting PARTY to 24477 (If they can’t, have them fill out the sign up sheets)
- Follow your agenda to have a successful event!
- Fill out the host feedback form
- Submit any paper sign ups on Mobilize America
- Call your guests who missed out
- Send your follow-up email
- Connect with an organizer about next steps
Make an agenda for your party
0:00 - Guests Arrive and Check In
- Set up handouts and signup sheets right by the door
- Have guests sign in by texting PARTY to 24477 and showing you Bailey
0:30 - Introductions and Setting Expectations
- Have everyone introduce themselves: What’s your name? Why do you support Elizabeth?
0:45 - Get to Know Elizabeth
1:00 - Why Support Elizabeth
- Share why you support Elizabeth
- Ask others to share in depth why they support Elizabeth
1:30 - Talk about Your Network Worksheet
- Write down anyone you know who’d be interested in joining the campaign
- Pick your Top 5
- Go to Elizabethwarren.com/top5 to share your top 5 with the campaign!
1:45 - Discuss how to Volunteer using Next Steps
- Join the online community!
- Join the texting team!
- Join the calling team!
- Join the Elizabeth Warren Book Club!
- Host an organizing party!
- Help recruit volunteers!
2:00 - Wrap up
- Take a group picture!
- Make sure everyone leaves with a copy of the Next Steps in their hands
Follow up + next steps
After the party, remember to:
- Submit your host feedback form: please fill this out so we know how it went and how we can improve things on our end in the future.
- Submit your sign in sheets: enter any paper sign ins you received in Mobilize America.
- Call people who missed the event: let them know they were missed, update them on the meeting, and encourage them to sign up to volunteer.
- Send a follow up email: Thank your guests for coming with the follow-up email to keep them looped in on next steps. Include the group picture that you took.
Questions about spending money on your house party? Read our financial guidelines FAQ.