We’ve seen where the Republicans want to take our country, and it isn’t pretty. That’s why we need real leaders — people with courage, with heart, and with a real commitment to the common good.
I’m proud to endorse my friend Ed Markey, the newly elected Democratic nominee for the United States Senate here in Massachusetts, and I hope you will join Ed’s campaign, too.
I’ll do everything I can to make sure Ed joins me in the Senate in June. But he will need strong grassroots support to take on the powerful special interests that are lining up to stop him.
We need more people in the Senate who are willing to stand up for our values and stand up for families. I’ve worked with Ed and I’ve seen him in the ring, and I know he will fight for what we believe in.
- Ed will fight for families and small businesses — to level the playing field and build a future for our kids and grandkids.
- Ed will fight for women — for equal pay for equal work and access to health care screenings and birth control.
- Ed will fight for working families — for the right to unionize and collective bargaining.
- Ed will fight for seniors — for protecting Medicare and Social Security, the commitment we make to ourselves and to each other.
- Ed will fight for the environment — in passing on a world to our children where you can drink the water and breathe the air.
- And Ed will fight for accountability on Wall Street — to end “Too Big to Fail” and “Too Big to Jail” once and for all.
I know that the people of Massachusetts share the same values that Ed Markey and I do. But I also know that we can’t take anything for granted in the June special election. After all, it was just a few years ago when Scott Brown shocked the world and won the last Massachusetts special election.
I may be preaching to the choir, but we absolutely cannot lose another special election in Massachusetts — or let our guard down even for a minute.
National Republicans and powerful corporate interests are going to do everything they can to take back a Senate seat in Massachusetts and keep another progressive like Ed Markey out of the Senate.
In the weeks ahead, we’re going to need you knocking on doors, making phone calls, and talking to your friends and neighbors about why this election is so important. You’re going to make the difference for Ed Markey.
Nearly 60,000 people in Massachusetts contributed to my Senate campaign last year. Let’s give Ed Markey that same enthusiastic support! Make a donation to his campaign now.