The Republicans want you to believe that their plan to repeal the Affordable Care Act is dead. They want to slip in below the radar and take one more run at repealing health care coverage for millions of Americans.
Here’s the reason they are moving now: Senate Republicans have until September 30th to repeal the Affordable Care Act with only 50 votes.
And here’s the scary fact: They just might have the votes to do it.
The Cassidy-Graham bill that the Republicans pulled out of the trash is their worst “health care” bill yet.
- It guts funding for Medicaid – so if you need a nursing home or your baby is born with complex medical needs, you’re on your own.
- It rolls back protections for people with pre-existing conditions – so if you have a heart attack or get a cancer diagnosis, too bad.
- And it completely eliminates help for families to buy health insurance – so if you can’t afford health insurance, good luck out there.
Make no mistake: This Cassidy-Graham “health care” bill is Trumpcare on steroids – and millions of Americans will lose their health care if the Republicans pass this piece of garbage in the next 11 days.
Remember everything you did to stop the Republicans from repealing the Affordable Care Act seven weeks ago? We need you to do it again.
- Share your story again about why the Affordable Care Act or Medicaid matters to you or someone you love. Email it to your friends and family. Post it on Facebook or Twitter. Take a photo or record a video on your phone.
- Our Senate Democrats are still united against this bill – but if you have family or friends who live in a state with a Republican senator, make sure they know what’s happening to health care this week. Call, text, email, message – check in and then spread the word.
- Join a group. If you belong to an organization that has been fighting to save the Affordable Care Act, keep your eyes peeled. If you don’t belong to a group, find one. Organizations will be holding events, making calls, sharing content, and keeping people informed about what’s going on. Two voices are more than twice as powerful as one. Ten voices are more than ten times as powerful. And thousands – even millions – of voices working together can stop this ugly bill. Don’t delete all those emails.
- Let your friends know that you’re a part of this fight. Update your Facebook profile picture to add a “#ProtectOurCare” frame – the official hashtag of people and organizations fighting to save the Affordable Care Act.Check out mine below!
I know we thought this was over. I know we worked hard and thought Republicans had gotten the message. But they are giving it one more try, and that means we’ve got to jump back in the fight. Health care for millions of Americans hangs in the balance, so we need to get out there and fight one more time.
Let’s kill this Republican “health care” bill once and for all.
Thanks for being a part of this,